Live Support My forum, my way! Il forum dei newsgroup: Metal » Nuovo 'Ryche: "Dedicated to chaos"
My forum, my way! Il forum dei newsgroup
Fast Uncompromising Discussions.Newsgroup FUDforum will get your users talking.

Utenti      F.A.Q.    Registrati    Login    Home
Nuovo 'Ryche: "Dedicated to chaos" [messaggio #24328] lun, 28 marzo 2011 10:00 Messaggio successivo
I_AM_I  è attualmente disconnesso I_AM_I
Senior Member
(blabbermouth)

Seattle progressive rockers QUEENSRŸCHE have set "Dedicated To Chaos" as
the title of their twelfth studio album, tentatively due mid-summer via
Loud & Proud Records, a Roadrunner Records imprint focusing on
established artists. The band is currently planning a tour in support of
the new opus, which was recorded in the group's hometown and produced by
Kelly Gray.

"Modern life moves fast," singer Geoff Tate stated about the album.
"Plug into the rhythm of the now with our twelfth studio album,
'Dedicated To Chaos'. The clash and slash of musical experimentation
anchored by the pulse of digital code." He did issue one suggestion to
listeners as well, saying, "Enjoy — headphones are a must."

When asked about the progress of the recording sessions for the new
QUEENSRŸCHE CD, Tate said in a recent interview, "We've been working on
it steadily. We're kind of in the final stages of it now. And I'm
looking forward to getting that done. It's a really long record, with
really interesting, different music. I'm really excited for people to
hear it because it's another kind of step in a different direction for
us . . . We've been experimenting a lot with different musical
brushstrokes [laughs], kind of pushing the envelope a little bit on
everybody's performance and pushing them outside of comfortable ground
and trying to do some different stuff. Which is kind of what got us into
making records in the first place — the experimental side of painting
the audio picture. And everybody still shares that way of thinking,
which is pretty phenomenal when you think of a bunch of guys hanging out
together for 30 years [laughs] — that we'd still have something to say."

In a 2010 interview with Attention Deficit Delirium, QUEENSRŸCHE drummer
Scott Rockenfield revealed that the band's upcoming CD is taking the
quintet in some new directions.

"I add a lot of film score elements or sound effects [into my drum
work], especially on the new thing we’re working on right now,"
Rockenfield said. "Geoff and I have really spent a lot of time together
redesigning the QUEENSRŸCHE thing, which you're going to love. It's huge
rock but with a great dance vibe to it, real modern dance. It's kind of
like 'Rage' ['For Order'] through a time tunnel, bringing it into the
now. There are a lot of electronic elements to it. It's a big rock thing
that is going to have a lot of color to it — it's good and really intense."

Regarding whether the new QUEENSRŸCHE album is a conceptual effort, Tate
said, "In a sense, it is. It's a very contemporary record.

He continued, "'Empire' was a record of the time. Rock music was really
the music of the times in 1990. Unfortunately, rock music isn't the
music of the times anymore — it's very underground.

"What we're doing with this record is we're taking the 'Empire' song
structure, in a sense, where it's very strong songs, very melodic, but
we kind of restructured the rhythm section, and Scott's done an amazing
job on restructuring that — him and Eddie [Jackson, bass] have just
really gone to town, and they've made it very contemporary-sounding.

"These days, in comparison to the old days, people used to sit in their
houses and listen to music right in the front room on their stereo
system. People don't do that anymore. They plug in and they're mobile
and they're moving and they're doing stuff and the music, they're
listening to it as they're doing stuff. This music has that feel. It's
very contemporary in the sense that it's very rhythmatic. The rhythm
structure kind of reflects the way modern life is — we're all busy,
we're all doing stuff. And Scott being the incredible drummer that he
is, the various time signatures, the feel of the record, it's now — it's
very, very now."
--
<<Spinoza saw that if a falling stone could reason, it would think
“I want to fall at the rate of thirty-two feet per second per second”>>
I_AM_I ha scritto:

> He continued, "'Empire' was a record of the time. Rock music was really
> the music of the times in 1990. Unfortunately, rock music isn't the
> music of the times anymore — it's very underground.

> "What we're doing with this record is we're taking the 'Empire' song
> structure, in a sense, where it's very strong songs, very melodic, but
> we kind of restructured the rhythm section, and Scott's done an amazing
> job on restructuring that — him and Eddie [Jackson, bass] have just
> really gone to town, and they've made it very contemporary-sounding.

Questa merda l'ho già sentita per la presentazione di Q2K.

Bella merda, ma davvero colossale

Celebrimbor

--
"We have assumed control"

Neil Peart 1976

Celebrimbor #145

questo articolo e` stato inviato via web dal servizio gratuito
http://www.newsland.it/news segnala gli abusi ad abuse@newsland.it
Re: Nuovo 'Ryche: &quot;Dedicated to chaos&quot; [messaggio #24332 è una risposta a message #24328] lun, 28 marzo 2011 11:44 Messaggio precedenteMessaggio successivo
daniele  è attualmente disconnesso daniele
Senior Member
I_AM_I <withnodirectionforreassembly@pl.com> wrote:

> slash

Ah... rocchettino commerciale, gibson, assolini, canzoncine, sissicerto!

Daniele

--
my website: www.purrone.net - my rock photos: www.stargazer.it
my Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daniele1974/

il mio blog sulla Svezia: http://unitalianoinsvezia.com
Re: Nuovo 'Ryche: &quot;Dedicated to chaos&quot; [messaggio #24333 è una risposta a message #24330] lun, 28 marzo 2011 11:45 Messaggio precedenteMessaggio successivo
Celebrimbor© <feanorgonzo@vali.nor> wrote:

> Questa merda l'ho già sentita per la presentazione di Q2K.

Io ho l'impressione che cercheranno di fare un mix fra Empire ed un Rage
For Order del 2011... magari senza riuscirci, chiaro! :-D

Daniele

--
my website: www.purrone.net - my rock photos: www.stargazer.it
my Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daniele1974/

il mio blog sulla Svezia: http://unitalianoinsvezia.com
Re: Nuovo 'Ryche: &quot;Dedicated to chaos&quot; [messaggio #24334 è una risposta a message #24333] lun, 28 marzo 2011 11:58 Messaggio precedenteMessaggio successivo
Daniele Purrone ha scritto:

> Io ho l'impressione che cercheranno di fare un mix fra Empire ed un Rage
> For Order del 2011... magari senza riuscirci, chiaro! :-D

Seee..rage for order...come se la triestina vincesse lo scudetto...
Senza De Garmo è impossibile. E' vero che al'epoca Wilton è riuscito a
creare capolavori come I dream in infra red e Chemical youth...ma gli
acidi erano migliori nell'86

Celebrimbor

--
"We have assumed control"

Neil Peart 1976

Celebrimbor #145

questo articolo e` stato inviato via web dal servizio gratuito
http://www.newsland.it/news segnala gli abusi ad abuse@newsland.it
Re: Nuovo 'Ryche: &quot;Dedicated to chaos&quot; [messaggio #24336 è una risposta a message #24333] lun, 28 marzo 2011 12:01 Messaggio precedenteMessaggio successivo
Il 28/03/2011 11.45, Daniele Purrone ha scritto:
> Celebrimbor©<feanorgonzo@vali.nor> wrote:
>
>> Questa merda l'ho già sentita per la presentazione di Q2K.
>
> Io ho l'impressione che cercheranno di fare un mix fra Empire ed un Rage
> For Order del 2011... magari senza riuscirci, chiaro! :-D

La mia paura è che invece non abbiano (poiché già in là con gli anni)
conoscenze e cultura musicale aggiornata su quel che significa parlare
di 'elettronica' oggi. Temo inserti 'vintage', non so se mi spiego (per
chi l'ha sentito, penso a "The age of Ads" di S. Stevens, dove comunque
certi suoni retrò hanno una loro funzione).

All'epoca di RFO potevano esser considerati degli innovatori, ma forse
erano pienamente coinvolti e aggiornati su ciò che stava succedendo alla
musica allora.

Oggi potrebbero invece pensare di voler fare i fighi con qualche inserto
o con qualche sample, ma là fuori ci sono ragazzini che dal computer ci
tirano fuori meraviglie. Il rischio di non centrare l'obiettivo è alto.

Avrei consigliato loro una collaborazione con Four Tet, Burial o Fuck
Buttons. Comunque son curioso lo stesso.

G.
--
<<Spinoza saw that if a falling stone could reason, it would think
“I want to fall at the rate of thirty-two feet per second per second”>>
(P. K. Dick)
Re: Nuovo 'Ryche: &quot;Dedicated to chaos&quot; [messaggio #24341 è una risposta a message #24336] lun, 28 marzo 2011 15:18 Messaggio precedenteMessaggio successivo
Eirinn  è attualmente disconnesso Eirinn
Member
On Mar 28, 12:01 pm, I_AM_I <withnodirectionforreassem...@pl.com>
wrote:
> Oggi potrebbero invece pensare di voler fare i fighi con qualche inserto
> o con qualche sample, ma l fuori ci sono ragazzini che dal computer ci
> tirano fuori meraviglie. Il rischio di non centrare l'obiettivo alto.

non mi aspetto certamente qualcosa di minimante avvicinabile a RFO per
qualità, ma magari qualche buon brano possono tirarlo ancora fuori.
L'impressione è che stiano cavando sangue dalle rape, ma penso che
nemmeno un De Garmo possa cambiare più le cose.
--
Eirinn
Re: Nuovo 'Ryche: &quot;Dedicated to chaos&quot; [messaggio #24343 è una risposta a message #24341] lun, 28 marzo 2011 16:19 Messaggio precedenteMessaggio successivo
Eirinn <eirinn1975@gmail.com> wrote:

> L'impressione è che stiano cavando sangue dalle rape, ma penso che
> nemmeno un De Garmo

A me ormai De Garmo sembra proprio il Sacro Graal del Rychedom... ma
cosa ha fatto uscire di valido da quando è uscito dalla band ad oggi?
:-D

Daniele

--
my website: www.purrone.net - my rock photos: www.stargazer.it
my Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daniele1974/

il mio blog sulla Svezia: http://unitalianoinsvezia.com
Re: Nuovo 'Ryche: &quot;Dedicated to chaos&quot; [messaggio #24344 è una risposta a message #24343] lun, 28 marzo 2011 16:22 Messaggio precedenteMessaggio successivo
Il 28/03/2011 16.19, Daniele Purrone ha scritto:

>> L'impressione è che stiano cavando sangue dalle rape, ma penso che
>> nemmeno un De Garmo
>
> A me ormai De Garmo sembra proprio il Sacro Graal del Rychedom

Un po' è vero, un po' è anche vero che non ha inciso quasi nulla.
Ha però collaborato alla stesura e all'arrangiamento di uno dei dischi
più belli degli ultimi anni, "Catch without arms" dei Dredg.

G.
--
<<Spinoza saw that if a falling stone could reason, it would think
“I want to fall at the rate of thirty-two feet per second per second”>>
(P. K. Dick)
Re: Nuovo 'Ryche: &quot;Dedicated to chaos&quot; [messaggio #24348 è una risposta a message #24343] lun, 28 marzo 2011 17:19 Messaggio precedente
On Mar 28, 4:19 pm, dani...@purrone.eu (Daniele Purrone) wrote:
> A me ormai De Garmo sembra proprio il Sacro Graal del Rychedom... ma
> cosa ha fatto uscire di valido da quando è uscito dalla band ad oggi?

E' proprio il motivo per cui non vedo ho speranza nemmeno con un suo
eventuale rientro.
Tribe ne è la dimostrazione. C'era una sua collaborazione, ma non è
che sia stato 'sto gran discone
--
Eirinn