Live Support My forum, my way! Il forum dei newsgroup: Metal » Queensryche: nuovo album quasi pronto
My forum, my way! Il forum dei newsgroup
Fast Uncompromising Discussions.Newsgroup FUDforum will get your users talking.

Utenti      F.A.Q.    Registrati    Login    Home
Queensryche: nuovo album quasi pronto [messaggio #23165] sab, 05 febbraio 2011 17:30 Messaggio successivo
I_AM_I  è attualmente disconnesso I_AM_I
Senior Member
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx? mode=Article&newsitemID=153420

Seattle-based progressive metallers QUEENSRŸCHE are puttting the
finishing touches on their twelfth studio album for a late spring
release via Loud & Proud Records, a Roadrunner Records imprint focusing
on established artists.

Photos from the studio can be viewed below (courtesy of Queensryche.com).

In a 2010 interview with Attention Deficit Delirium, QUEENSRŸCHE drummer
Scott Rockenfield revealed that the band's upcoming CD is taking the
quintet in some new directions.

"I add a lot of film score elements or sound effects [into my drum
work], especially on the new thing we’re working on right now,"
Rockenfield said. "Geoff [Tate, vocals] and I have really spent a lot of
time together redesigning the QUEENSRŸCHE thing, which you're going to
love. It's huge rock but with a great dance vibe to it, real modern
dance. It's kind of like 'Rage' ['For Order'] through a time tunnel,
bringing it into the now. There are a lot of electronic elements to it.
It's a big rock thing that is going to have a lot of color to it — it's
good and really intense."

When asked about the progress of the songwriting sessions for the
follow-up to QUEENSRŸCHE's 2009 CD, "American Soldier", QUEENSRŸCHE
singer Geoff Tate stated on Eddie Trunk's "Friday Night Rocks" radio
show on New York's Q104.3 FM, "In a sense, it is [a concept record].
It's a very contemporary record.

He continued, "'Empire' was a record of the time. Rock music was really
the music of the times in 1990. Unfortunately, rock music isn't the
music of the times anymore — it's very underground.

"What we're doing with this record is we're taking the 'Empire' song
structure, in a sense, where it's very strong songs, very melodic, but
we kind of restructured the rhythm section, and Scott's done an amazing
job on restructuring that — him and Eddie [Jackson, bass] have just
really gone to town, and they've made it very contemporary-sounding.

"These days, in comparison to the old days, people used to sit in their
houses and listen to music right in the front room on their stereo
system. People don't do that anymore. They plug in and they're mobile
and they're moving and they're doing stuff and the music, they're
listening to it as they're doing stuff. This music has that feel. It's
very contemporary in the sense that it's very rhythmatic. The rhythm
structure kind of reflects the way modern life is — we're all busy,
we're all doing stuff. And Scott being the incredible drummer that he
is, the various time signatures, the feel of the record, it's now — it's
very, very now."

G.

--
<<Spinoza saw that if a falling stone could reason, it would think
“I want to fall at the rate of thirty-two feet per second per second”>>
I_AM_I <withnodirectionforreassembly@pl.com> wrote:

> It's huge rock but with a great dance vibe to it, real modern
> dance. It's kind of like 'Rage' ['For Order'] through a time tunnel,
> bringing it into the now. There are a lot of electronic elements to it.

Diventerà l'album preferito di DZ!

Comunque, a questo punto sono davvero curioso: o sarà un gran bel disco
o una discreta porcata!

Daniele

--
my website: www.purrone.net - my rock photos: www.stargazer.it
my Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daniele1974/

il mio blog sulla Svezia: http://unitalianoinsvezia.com
Re: Queensryche: nuovo album quasi pronto [messaggio #23209 è una risposta a message #23206] lun, 07 febbraio 2011 10:35 Messaggio precedenteMessaggio successivo
Niccolo' Carli  è attualmente disconnesso Niccolo' Carli
Senior Member
On 7 Feb, 10:22, dani...@purrone.eu (Daniele Purrone) wrote:
> I_AM_I <withnodirectionforreassem...@pl.com> wrote:
> >  It's huge rock but with a great dance vibe to it, real modern
> > dance. It's kind of like 'Rage' ['For Order'] through a time tunnel,
> > bringing it into the now. There are a lot of electronic elements to it.
>
> Diventerà l'album preferito di DZ!

Ho avuto la stessa sensazione!

> Comunque, a questo punto sono davvero curioso: o sarà un gran bel disco
> o una discreta porcata!

Sono fiducioso perche' li vendo piuttosto in forma: American Soldier
mi e' piaciuto molto, dal vivo spaccano... dai, avanti cosi'!
Niccolo'.
Re: Queensryche: nuovo album quasi pronto [messaggio #23210 è una risposta a message #23206] lun, 07 febbraio 2011 13:02 Messaggio precedente
Il 07/02/2011 10.22, Daniele Purrone ha scritto:

> Diventerà l'album preferito di DZ!
>
> Comunque, a questo punto sono davvero curioso: o sarà un gran bel disco
> o una discreta porcata!

Speriamo che non siano dichiarazioni di facciata ma che, invece, il
cambio di suono sia importante.

G.