Live Support My forum, my way! Il forum dei newsgroup: rock » Sun Ra Arkestra - live at praxis '84
My forum, my way! Il forum dei newsgroup
Fast Uncompromising Discussions.Newsgroup FUDforum will get your users talking.

Utenti      F.A.Q.    Registrati    Login    Home
Sun Ra Arkestra - live at praxis '84 [messaggio #141547] mer, 23 novembre 2011 20:23 Messaggio successivo
Altura Do Sol  è attualmente disconnesso Altura Do Sol
Member
Altro che 'plin plon' e 'gnè gnè gnè'.

Tracklist:
disc one
1. untitled improviation 1 (sun ra)
2. discipline 27-II / children of the sun (sun ra)
3. nuclear war (sun ra)
4. unidentified blues (sun ra)
5. fate in a pleasant mood (sun ra)
6. yeah, man (sissle)
7. space is the place / we travel the spaceways / outer spaceways
incorporated / next stop mars (sun ra)
8. untitled improvisation 2 (sun ra)
9. untitled improvisation 3 (sun ra)
10. Discipline 27 (sun ra)

disc two
1. mack the knife (brecht, weill, blitzstein)
2. cocktails for two (coslow, johnston)
3. somewhere over the rainbow (arlen, harburg)
4. satin doll (ellington, strayhorn)
5. big john's special (henderson)
6. carefree (egyptian fantasy) (sun ra)
7. days of wine and roses (mancini)
8. theme of the stargazers / the satellites are spinning (sun ra)
9. they'll come back (sun ra)
10. enlightenment / strange mathematics / rhythmic equations (dotson,
sun ra / sun ra)

recorded live at the 'orpheus theatre', athens, greece, februay 27, 1984

sun ra: piano, organ, synth, voice
ronnie brown: trumpet, flugel-horn, tambourine
marshall allen: alto sax, clarinet, flute, oboe, kora, electric valve
instrument, percussion
eloe omoe: alto sax, bass clarinet, contr-alto-clarinet, flute, electric
valve instrument, percussion
john gilmore: tenor sax, clarinet, timb, electric valve instrument, voice
danny ray thompson: baritone sax, alto sax, flute,bongo, electric valve
instrument
james jacson: basoon, flute, oboe, ancient egyptian infinity drum,
electric valve instrument,, voice
rollo redford: bas
matthew brown: conga
don mamford: drums, percussion
salah ragab: conga, percussion
myriam broche: dance
greg pratt: dance

produced by leo feigin
Re: Sun Ra Arkestra - live at praxis '84 [messaggio #141665 è una risposta a message #141547] gio, 24 novembre 2011 00:30 Messaggio precedente
punkinaro  è attualmente disconnesso punkinaro
Member
On Nov 23, 1:23 pm, Altura Do Sol <alt...@sol.it> wrote:
> Altro che 'plin plon' e 'gnè gnè gnè'.
>
> Tracklist:
> disc one
> 1. untitled improviation 1 (sun ra)
> 2. discipline 27-II / children of the sun (sun ra)
> 3. nuclear war (sun ra)
> 4. unidentified blues (sun ra)
> 5. fate in a pleasant mood (sun ra)
> 6. yeah, man (sissle)
> 7. space is the place / we travel the spaceways / outer spaceways
> incorporated / next stop mars (sun ra)
> 8. untitled improvisation 2 (sun ra)
> 9. untitled improvisation 3 (sun ra)
> 10. Discipline 27 (sun ra)
>
> disc two
> 1. mack the knife (brecht, weill, blitzstein)
> 2. cocktails for two (coslow, johnston)
> 3. somewhere over the rainbow (arlen, harburg)
> 4. satin doll (ellington, strayhorn)
> 5. big john's special (henderson)
> 6. carefree (egyptian fantasy) (sun ra)
> 7. days of wine and roses (mancini)
> 8. theme of the stargazers / the satellites are spinning (sun ra)
> 9. they'll come back (sun ra)
> 10. enlightenment / strange mathematics / rhythmic equations (dotson,
> sun ra / sun ra)
>
> recorded live at the 'orpheus theatre', athens, greece, februay 27, 1984
>
> sun ra: piano, organ, synth, voice
> ronnie brown: trumpet, flugel-horn, tambourine
> marshall allen: alto sax, clarinet, flute, oboe, kora, electric valve
> instrument, percussion
> eloe omoe: alto sax, bass clarinet, contr-alto-clarinet, flute, electric
> valve instrument, percussion
> john gilmore: tenor sax, clarinet, timb, electric valve instrument, voice
> danny ray thompson: baritone sax, alto sax, flute,bongo, electric valve
> instrument
> james jacson: basoon, flute, oboe, ancient egyptian infinity drum,
> electric valve instrument,, voice
> rollo redford: bas
> matthew brown: conga
> don mamford: drums, percussion
> salah ragab: conga, percussion
> myriam broche: dance
> greg pratt: dance
>
> produced by leo feigin

il migliore tra i 40 cd di sun ra che ho ascoltato e` questo qui

http://inconstantsol.blogspot.com/2009/04/sun-ra-quartet-new -steps.html

registrato a Roma negli anni settanta